Veggie lovers, mark your calendars for April 19, 2020! The Fairfax Veg Fest, the only sustainability festival of Fairfax county, kicks-off and it’s sure to be a hit. It is all about living a healthy and sustainable lifestyle that is absolutely plant-based.
Hosted in Herndon, Virginia from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the event brings together expert speakers who are passionate about educating people on healthy living. There will also be cooking demos, restaurant booths, and a lot of games and fun-filled activities for kids.
Join the Cause: “For People, Animals & Our Planet”
If the world needs to be saved from water shortages, starvation, and the adverse effects of climate change, it is high time people start adopting a plant-based diet.
Although over 60 percent of the U.S. population believes that a plant-based diet is beneficial for health, only 6 percent has adopted veganism as their lifestyle.
However, 39 percent of people are trying their best to choose a healthy plant-based lifestyle. This event might be the best place for these, and many more, to get all their queries answered and find the support they need to achieve their goal.
The primary purpose of the event is to celebrate and showcase a healthy lifestyle for people, animals, and the rest of the planet. The products sold at the event are all cruelty-free and eco-friendly. The best part is that you don’t have to buy any tickets since the admission is free.
If you are part of Virginia’s vegetarian and vegan community, you won’t want to miss showing your support at this year’s Veg Fest.
Explore the Area After the Festival
The festival is not the only thing worth seeing in Fairfax. There are a lot of places you can explore to make your vacation memorable. A few of the local attractions include:
- National Museum of African American History and Culture: Located on the National Mall, this museum could be a treat to your eyes, if you are into history and culture.
- Eagle Bank Arena: Whether you want to enjoy your favorite band or cheer the Mason Patriots at a home game, Eagle Bank Arena is the place to be.
- Jefferson District Golf Course: If you are into golf, you will love this 9-hole executive course with four ponds, a gently rolling playing surface, a par five hole, as well as a few demanding par fours that will make your game all the more challenging.
Check These Out If You’re Looking for a Meal Outside of the Festival
Fairfax Veg Fest 2020 provides a lot of Vegan meal options, but if you want to try out some of the local vegan options, here are a few places to explore:
- Nazret Ethiopia Restaurant: Try this spot out for a sumptuous Ethiopian breakfast or brunch. They have some tasty and spicy Vegan dishes that are a must-try.
- True Food Kitchen: A health-driven restaurant and bar, this place serves great tasting vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free dishes made from wholesome, seasonal ingredients that offer natural health benefits.
- Dulce Crepes: Visit this restaurant for some amazing vegan, gluten-free, gourmet crepes, made out of fresh, locally-sourced ingredients.
Rest Up Before Heading Home
A vacation is really a vacation only if you feel well-rested. If you are not a resident of the Fairfax county, why not make a weekend out of the trip? Here are a few hotels that offer a comfortable stay with incredible amenities and facilities:
- Hyatt House Falls Church, Merrifield, VA: It’s easy to find hotels near Merrifield, VA with places like the Hyatt. It offers a variety of accommodations, including suites with kitchens. Complete with a seasonal pool, 24-hour gym, a cocktail bar, and a 24-hour market for food, the hotel offers complimentary breakfast with made-to-order omelets, free parking, and free local shuttle.
- Courtyard by Marriott: Located close to Fairfax Court Shopping Center, this hotel has a beautiful outdoor patio, a living room-style lobby, and an American restaurant that serves Starbucks coffee. With amenities like an indoor pool, an exercise room, and free parking, the hotel also has two meeting rooms and a business center equipped with workstations and printers.
Start Preparing for an “Eventful” Holiday
If you are passionate about adopting a vegan lifestyle, you will find all a helpful, positive community to support you at the Fairfax Veg Fest 2020. Book your tickets and your hotel room right away to grab the best deals available.