Are you planning a trip to Jeddah? Well, you are in for an unforgettable experience in the Saudi Arabian port city on the Red Sea. After all, the modern city is a gateway for the Islamic holy cities Mecca and Medina for hundreds and thousands of pilgrims.
Apart from those touristic sites, beaches, and outdoor locations, Jeddah will serve you almost every kind of cuisine based on the Saudi Arabian diet. Embark on a gastronomic journey with a variety of dishes and local ethnic foods made from some core ingredients and based on Islamic dietary laws.
The options are unlimited as you will also come across some great Italian, Japanese, Persian, Lebanese restaurants available in the city. Stay at one of the Almosafer Jeddah Hotels to get a completely relaxing experience and explore the city and go on a food tour.
Here are some of the must-try dishes to enjoy in Jeddah:
- Qursan – The tasty dish is often served as a side dish and is prepared from wheat flour and saturated with gravy.
- Jarish- The popular traditional dish is made from ground wheat, which is served with chicken, rice, and onions.
- Saleeg – The white rice dish is considered the national dish of the Hijaz region and is prepared with broth and milk.
- Kabsa- The national dish of Saudi Arabia is made with rice, meat, and vegetables and is similar to other traditional Saudi Arabian dishes.
- Matazeez – The traditional Arabic dish is cooked in a spiced sauce and is made of lamb and vegetables.
- Madfoon – Another meat and rice dish, it is cooked in a pit under fire, but the cooking styles can vary by region.
- Mofatah al-dajaj – The delicious dish is made from boiled pieces of chicken or lamb and seasoned with spices, raisins, and almonds.
Eating out in Jeddah means enjoying not just some great dishes but also imbibing the long and colorful history of the city.
You could try out the Hijazi-inspired cuisine or eat at chili-scented ramen in a fusion restaurant or explore one of those new dining spots, whatever your budget or taste. Some of the popular spots include names like Meez, Baco, Qamreya. Shrimp Zone, The Yemeni Village, and some more.
It is a good idea to plan a food tour in Jeddah so that you can get the real taste of Saudi Arabian food and discover some of the off-the-beaten-path spots that serve only the most authentic Saudi Arabian food. Your tour leader will give you interesting details of each good and take you to some of the best places.
You will not only visit the traditional old food markets but also get to see how the locals shop and what they buy for their kitchens. You will enjoy the most popular Saudi dishes, drink their special drinks, and try out their delicious desserts. It is indeed one of life’s great pleasures to taste the real and authentic Saudi Arabian food in Jeddah.
Convinced that you need to visit Jeddah? Well then, Book intercontinental hotel in Jeddah for a welcoming and comfortable stay in Jeddah.