Shipping products can be demanding, but shipping fragile items can be even more stressful. Extra care is required because if anything gets broken or damaged, you may have to bear the loss and if you are shipping it to a customer, you may be faced with an unhappy one.
Fragile items are things that that can be easily broken, such as glassware, antiques or more. These delicate items can be made of any material such as crystal and ceramic, and they need extra attention before shipping.
So, if you plan to ship fragile items in your eCommerce business, be prepared to pack and ship them properly. Do read on to find some tips on the best packing materials to use, how to protect them for shipping and what is the best shipping method for fragile items.
Best Packing Material for Fragile Items
Choosing the best packing material is of ultimate importance when it comes to shipping fragile items. Some of the top materials to use are:-
- Packing tape for securing boxes.
- It is important to have a properly-sized box. The item should be packed snugly in a box but leaving enough room for packaging materials to help safely transport the product.
- Be sure to use multiple layers of bubble wrap to wrap the delicate item for extra protection.
- Airbags are great for filling the empty space left in the box as well as for items with sharp edges.
- Packing peanuts can also be used for filling in any voids in the box. The best is to layer the box with some packing peanuts on the bottom, place the item in and fill the rest of the box in with the remaining packing peanuts.
- Another simple but effective material for filling in gaps in your shipping box is crumpled craft paper. Place about two inches of crumpled paper between the fragile item and the wall of the box.
- You can also use corrugated inserts to strengthen the package and increase its durability.
- Close the box and tape it securely. Tape the box multiple times to ensure it stays safe during transport.
How Do You Ship Fragile Items Without The Fear of Breaking It?
It is a question we hear every day. To begin shipping fragile items, be sure to do the following:
- Carefully pack the object in a shipping box with sufficient amount of packing materials.
- Research couriers and choose the best one based on factors like cost, delivery time and best value.
- Obtain shipping insurance to minimize risks during transport.
- Schedule a pickup for your package or drop it off at the courier location.
Before selecting the best shipper for your fragile items, you need to know where you want to ship it and who offers the best value shipping solutions at the most affordable rates. Searching for the right shipping service to move fragile goods can be time-consuming. This where Shiply, an online shipping marketplace can help. Simply fill up a few simple details about your fragile goods and the rated shipping companies from their platform will send you personalized quotes that is often 75% cheaper than normal rate.
- Shipping fragile items either locally or internationally requires special care. Remember to always protect your items with proper packaging materials and take extra care when packing them up.
Do you have any questions about this article? Click here to contact us today.