When it comes to sprucing up your home, everybody thinks of getting upgrades that change the entire outlook without burning a hole in the pocket.
There are several ways you can improve the way you home looks without spending too much.
1. Bathroom Makeover
It is a good idea to start with giving your bathroom a mini makeover in two simple, cost-savvy steps.
First, buy and place a fresh granite vanity top in it. Depending on the size, a variety of bathroom countertops are available in elegant colors, designs, and textures in reasonable prices.
Second, get a wall or all of them painted and place a new mirror.
With a chic countertop, bright paint, and a beautiful looking bathroom mirror, your bathroom is sure to look pleasantly different.
2. Lounge Makeover
Your lounge sure needs to be upgraded as that’s where the guests sit and judge you for your interiors.
You simply need to have an accent wall in your lounge. Do that by adding a unique textured paint or by applying nice wallpaper on that one wall.
Using wallpaper should be preferred over textured paint because it brings less mess and more durability. Unlike textured paints, wallpapers are water resilient and last a long time. Yes, wallpapers are expensive, but not when you are getting just one wall covered.
Also, having an accent wall gives rooms a look trendier than the tacky looking rooms ballooned with wallpapers.
3. Kitchen Makeover
Your kitchen is the first thing people check when buying a house. Unclaimed corner spaces or walls should be taken advantage of to incorporate unique selling points.
Inclusion of rollouts is an easy and cheap way to make your kitchen look clean, organized, and up to the minute. They make it easier for you to look out for things that remained out of sight before rollout installation.
You can also consider installing dark colored countertops to add a strikingly classy feel.
4. Simple DIY fixes for $1 or less
If you do not want to go for renovation of particular rooms or areas in the house, here are a ways you can make your home look beautiful while costing $1 or less each.
- Use a whitening pen to whiten and polish tile and window grouts
- Add decent LED push lights to the roof and walls
- Polish and coat your wooden structures
- Install self-adhesive hooks for towels, cooking spoons, etc.
- Use cable clips to keep cables out of the way and safe
- Replace washers of leaking faucets
- Cover ripped paint or polish with pens or nail paints of the same color
- Go for add-ons such as small flower vases, frames
- Install key hooks of nice designs
- Add tint to existing lamps, lights, and shades
- Use wall stickers to decorate particular areas such as kids room
- Include portable closets
- Place a laundry basket
- Install file and book holders for books and other important files and documents
- Clean light fitting and fans often
- Use glass cleaners on glass and mirrors
- Get oven and grill spray to keep your oven, grill, and stoves cleans
- Wash the carpets with shampoo (no need to buy expensive cleaners)
Follow these simple relatively inexpensive tips to help give your home an impressionable upgrade,