I love the coconut lime combo and these bars are a winner! And so easy to make. The base is a purchased sugar cookie dough with a coconut-lime flavored cheesecake filling. Quick to put together and a sure fire winner.
I tried to make mine in a 13×4 inch tart pan, instead of the 9×9 pan that the recipe called for. I had an overflow issue. You can see it in the back (on the above photo). It made for some pretty tasty tid bits for the cook though!
I took these bars to work and they were gone in 10 minutes flat. And it’s always a good sign when people ask you for the recipe!
I like to I think that maybe, just maybe, I spread a little sunshine around with these bars today!
|Tropical Coco-Cabana Bars||
- 1-16.5 oz. package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1-8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9×9 square pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Press sugar cookie dough into bottom of greased dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese with sugar and egg. Scrape edges and whip again.
- Stir in coconut extract and lime zest.
- Spread mixture over top of cookie dough to form an even layer and top with coconut.
- Bake 20 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted and cream cheese mixture is set.
- Cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Cut into bars and serve.
I’m hookin this post up to