One of my daughter’s favorite cookie recipes is the 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie. Peanut butter, sugar, and eggs are all stables in this household, and we are always ready (and willing), to whip up a fresh batch of delicious cookies.
I made these festive cookies into spritz cookies because I wanted to play with my a new cookie press, but you can make them into balls and use the familiar crisscross pattern by pressing them with the tines of a fork. Then add an optional little drizzle of some melted chocolate and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts, and they’re all dressed up for the season.
Either way, they are tasty, pretty, and perfect for the holidays!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- /2 cups semisweet chocolate chips-melted
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and sugar, and eggs.
- Using a cookie press fitted with desired disk, press dough onto ungreased baking sheets about one inch apart.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or untill cookies are set and light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and coolfor two minutes.
- remove to cookie rack and cool completely.
- For topping, melt chocolate . Place in a heavy plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner. Drizzle chocolate back and forth over cookie and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Let stand until chocolate is set.