A friend of mine gave me some Meyer emons and I wanted to something special with them. I found this recipe for a Lemon Sour Cream Pie on Mary’s Blog and fell in love with it. It’s easy, it’s delicious, and it’s LEMON!
You can make this as a pie, but I choose a tart pan. It can be made really easy if use a store bought pie crust, or you can make your own. Next time I would like to make it with a buttery sweet tart dough crust.
The filling is creamy, smooth as silk, and as easy as pie!
Lemon Cream Tart
from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite
loving adapted from Recipezaar
1 baked pie crust (I used a tart pan)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 egg yolks, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter, then let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream and pour filling into tart shell.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Enjoy with a dollop of whip cream if desired!