The moment I saw these, I knew it was just a matter of hours, if not minutes, before I made them. I needed pepperoni but that was it. Then… these could be mine, all mine.
But seriously, my daughter had been asking for pizza and lucky for me, I found this little pizza puff recipe. I was going to make them as an after school snack, but as fate would have it, The Hubby went out of town leaving said child and myself, to fend for ourselves. Our dinner of choice?
Pepperoni and Olive Pizza Puffs!
These are the easiest things to make. So easy in fact, that The Kid can make them herself without much to clean up. That makes for one happy mom.
Perfect for a snack, appetizer, or for a light lunch or dinner, you could easily change out the options. What about;
Ham and Pineapple
Sausage and Onion,
or garlic chicken?
I added chopped olives and green onions to my pepperoni puffs.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
Adapted from Noble Pig
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons chopped olives
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces pepperoni, cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 375o.
- Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; stir in the milk and egg.
- Stir in the cheese, olives, and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
Microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Sprinkle the tops of the puffs with the green onions. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.Print This Recipe