These are my new favorite cookie!
I think I will just refer to them as my crack cookies.
They are addicting!
Creamy, dreamy Nutella spread is sandwiched between two chewy chocolate chip Nutella Cookies!
I’ve already made two batches.
Once as written, using mini chocolate chips,
and once using regular size chocolate chips and making them into Chocolate Chip Nutella sandwich Cookies!
This cookie started as a Culinary Concoctions by Peabody, creator of all things decadent! She took a simple peanut butter cookie recipe and substituted Nutella.
Then Erin from Erin’s Food Files adapted it by using Frangelico liquor instead of vanilla extract and posted that recipe. Bet that was good!
My friend Kathleen from “Deja Vu” Cook found it at Erin’s, and adapted it back to the original recipe using the vanilla extract.
That is where I found the recipe and decided to make them into a sandwich cookie using Nutella spread as the filling.
I ♥ Nutella!
I evidently worked with a few Nutella virgins, and I wanted them to be able to taste the raw pleasure of pure Nutella.
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup Nutella or other hazelnut chocolate spread
½ tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugars in a mixer on high speed, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the Nutella and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until all the ingredients are incorporated the dough is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or a teaspoon) scoop into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or till done.
- Let cookies cool about 5 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Spread about a teaspoon or so on the flat side of half the cookies.
- Top with another cookie, flat side toward filling.
This post is linked to the following linky party