My friend’s son just turned 21 not long ago, and he asked me if I would make him a cheesecake for his birthday. How can I say no to that kind of request?
So when he asked if I could make a cookies and cream cheesecake, I started looking for recipes. I couldn’t decide between a baked cheesecake, or this No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake., I hankered back and forth and then, when I saw my friend Barbara’s adapted recipe Robin Eggs No Bake Cheesecake, I knew which direction I was headed!
These were fast and easy to make, no baking required, and produced a creamy delicious cheesecake. A perfect dessert for those hot days of Summer when you want a treat, but don’t want to turn on the oven.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
3/4 cup finely crushed graham crackers (about 6 graham crackers)
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup heavy cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup crushed Oreos
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl. Add melted butter and blend until combined. Press heaping tablespoon into each cup of a mini cheesecake pan or press all into an 8″ springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, until smooth (approximately 3-5 mins). Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated. Gently fold in Oreo cookies.
- Fill pan with a slight mound at the center, as the cheesecake will sink n at the center. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results.
- Serve with whipping cream and garnish with mini Oreos