As we bring another year to a close, I have a perfect little bite to go with your New Years champagne or cider.
These little grape and cheese balls are great if your going to a big celebration, or just having a little intimate gathering at home. They are just quite simply, fresh little grapes all dressed up for the holidays, in a cream cheese and blue cheese mixture, rolled in nuts.They can be made ahead of time so you don’t have to fuss when it’s party time!
Simple, delicious, and elegant!
For me, that’s what it’s all about!
But these little cheese balls aren’t just for New Year’s Eve.
I have had these little gems on many occasions, including my own wedding. And today, I’m taking them to a virtual birthday party!
Happy Bloggy Birthday Shelby!!!
Shelby, from the terrific blog, The Life and Love of Grumpy’s Honeybunch, is having a 4 year celebration. I’ve been following Shelby and Grumpy for… well, almost the whole time! I love keeping up with the family story and I love to see what’s cookin in her home. You will find lots of recipes including her party recipe for Brie Popover Bites.
And she is having a $50.00 gift card giveaway.
Now for the details on the Giveaway and how to enter – Good Luck!
- Leave a comment on this blog post telling me your favorite appetizer.
- Visit the blog links that will take you to my blogging buddies page where they have joined in the celebration party and leave a comment on their post. Each comment will count as One (1) entry.
- Giveaway will end on January 7th at 5 PM EST.
- Winner will be announced on January 8th via blog post on The Life & Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch.
- Winner will be chosen via random drawing – drawing to be done by Grumpy.
- Value of giftcard will be $50 and is your choice of ONE of the options listed below:
- Marshalls / T.J. Maxx
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Macaroni Grill
- Olive Garden
- Barnes & Noble
Now, help yourself to some Roquefort grapes, and…
- 6 oz whole almonds
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz crumbled Roquefortcheese
- 2 TBSP cream
- 1 pound seedless grapes, red or green, washed and dries
- To toast nuts, preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Spread nuts on baking sheet and bake until light golden brown. Chop cooled nuts rather coarsely and spread out on a plate.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, Roquefort cheese, and cream. Beat till combined and smooth.
- Drop clean, dry, grape into cheese mixture and gently stir by hand to coat them. Then roll the coated grapes in nuts and put on a tray lined with wax paper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Note: There is a link collection at the end of this post that will take you to each blogger’s post where you can see what appetizer they made, and leave a comment for an entry in the giveaway.