Five ingredients, and 30 minutes is all this recipe takes, ranking a 5 out of 5 star rating in my book.
The only change I made different from Lori and Barbara was to use fresh basil instead of the parsley.
It’s fresh, vibrant flavor was perfect for a warm day.The Kid would have nothing to do with it, but The Hubby and I enjoyed it.
Dont forget to enter my Vanilla Bean Contest!
Just click on the picture to take yo the contest.
Linguini in Lemon Cream Sauce
Adapted from Vegetarian Times,
8 ounces dry linguine
1/2 cup light cream cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tablespoons lemon zest
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley (I used basil)
- Cook linguine according to package directions in pot of boiling, salted water.
- Melt cream cheese in a small saucepan over low heat. Add oil and lemon juice and zest.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- Stir reserved cooking water into cream cheese mixture.
- Add pasta and parsley; tossing to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.