Everyone seems to loves a pumpkin roll.
I have had many people ask me to come over and show them how to make these easy yet impressive cakes.
I’m always happy to have an excuse to make one, or two!
Last week, I took my girlfriend out to lunch to celebrate her birthday. She was preparing to host Thanksgiving dinner for her family and boyfriend…, and his parents.
She loves pumpkin rolls!
What better gift then a pumpkin roll, served on a pretty platter, on the eve of Thanksgiving?
Libby’s Pumpkin Roll
Recipe by Libby’s Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar ( for decoration)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper.
- Grease and flour paper.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick.
- Beat in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.)
- Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel.
- Carefully peel off paper.
- Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Reroll cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.