When I’m paying the invoices at our music store, I always like to have some kind of noise going on. Whether it’s the radio, or the little TV that sits upon my desk, I’m listening to something. I prefer to go in on weekdays so I can watch The Doctors, or Martha, or something similar. But, I’m usually there on a Saturday morning. There is not a lot on, that I like to watch, during the weekends. But on our local public channels, there are a few cooking shows. One is called Caprial and John In The Kitchen.
That is were I found this delicious recipe!
What I really enjoyed about this recipe?
This stuff was not only delicious, but so versatile. While it was terrific with the steak, this was great on my hamburger and in an omelet. Oh how I wish I had more right now, I would make a Blue Cheese and Pepper Bruschetta for dinner tonight!
I bet it would make a great panini too!
If your a steak and blue cheese lover like I am, you’ll relish (hehe) in this recipe!
Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Cheese and Pepper Relish
Found at Caprial and John’s Kitchen
Blue Cheese Pepper Relish
3 sweet bell peppers, roasted, peeled, and diced
2 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, and diced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 ounces good quality blue cheese, crumbled
Salt and cracked black pepper
1 3 pound flank steak
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1 teaspoon dry basil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
To prepare the relish
- Place the peppers, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Gently mix in the crumbled blue cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Set a side until ready to use.
To prepare the flank steak,
- place the oregano, basil, paprika, salt and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- Rub into the steak and set a side.
- Heat a well-oiled clean grill until very hot and you can hold your hand over the grate for not more than 3 seconds.
- Place the steak on the grill and grill about 4 -5 minutes per-side depending on the thickness or until it reaches and internal temperature of 125 degrees.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest lightly covered for about 3 minutes.
- Slice on an angle very thin. Place on a tray and top with relish.