It’s this months Secret Recipe Reveal and my assignment was the blog Little Bit Of Everything. I found the recipe I was going to be making as soon as I landed on Julie’s blog. The more I looked, the more I wanted to make. We love our Grilled Balsamic Chicken Recipe, so I stuck with my first choice,
I’m glad I did!
The only changes I made where to use a tangerine flavored balsamic vinegar and I only had 1/4 cup of olive oil so I also used 1/4 cup avocado oil. I used a Montreal steak seasoning for the salt and pepper. I reduced the marinade and served the balsamic sauce on the side. Otherwise, I did what Julie did!
This recipe is a keeper.
Fancy enough for company, yet simple enough for your next weekend BBQ!
For more information on the Secret Recipe Club, here’s all the info!
|Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon Recipe||
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar (I used a tangerine flavored one)
- 1/2 cup olive oil(I used half olive and half avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 chicken thighs (I added one breast for the hubby)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper(I used Montreal seasoning)
- In a medium bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk to combine and pour into a 1-gallon resealable food storage plastic bag.
- Put the chicken in the bag and seal.
- Turn to ensure that the chicken is evenly coated, then refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-low and brush the grates lightly with an oil soaked cloth. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry.
- Season the chicken well on all sides with salt and pepper, then place on the grill, skin side down.
- Cook the chicken about 8 to 10 minutes, turn and continue to cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and serve.