It’s the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies.
It may seem far off to you, but the holidays are right around the corner! Halloween will be gone before you know it and soon it will be Christmas, with menus to plan, presents to buy, and cookies to bake.
There is always so many new cookies I want to try and what perfect time to “research” a new batch of cookies a week till Christmas.Then we’ll see which one’s make it to the Christmas Cookie Platter this year!
Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars.
This is actually a Macaroon Bar recipe I made before, but this time I added almond extract. It was perfect with the coconut and the chocolate and brought this macaroon bar to a new level. I just wished I had put some toasted sliced almonds on the top. But you can! Just give these easy bars a try!
Stay tuned on Friday’s for
The 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies!
And go check out Aprils Cinnamon Crisp Cookie recipe Barbara’s recipe of Molasses Cinnamon Crisp Cookies with Cinnamon Chips!
Go check out what everyone else is making!
Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars
Recipe adapted from Nestle Toll House
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 C. butter
- 2 lg eggs, divided
- 1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2C (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 C. flaked coconut divided
- 3/4C. chopped nuts(optional)
1. Beat cake mix, butter and 1 egg in large mixing bowl until mixture is crumbly. Firmly press onto bottom of greased 9x13in pan.
2. Combine sweetened condensed milk, remaining egg, and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir in chocolate chips, 1C. coconut and nuts. Spread over mixture in baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
3. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 30-40 minutes till golden brown.(center will set when cooled). Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
For a printer friendly copy of this recipe, click on the printable recipe link below!