I’ve been having a “thing” lately for cherry tomatoes. Orange cherry tomatoes! And I like to throw in a few red ones to remind me how dang pretty these juicy little globes are. And then, if you roast them or caramelize them,
So when I saw Kathleen, pull this one out of her hat, I was all over it! I mean, come on,
BACON, cherry tomatoes, and pasta, you know it’s gonna be good.
Oh yea, and throw a little heavy cream, butter, and Parmesan cheese in there, and your taste buds will be singing!
I like to believe that the spinach in it makes it a healthy dish!!!
Can I just say that this was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever eaten?
I cant wait to make it again. Seriously delicious!
I owe ya for this one!
Recipe found at “Deja Vu” Cook
6 Strips Thick Sliced Bacon (cut in 1″ pieces)
1 C. cherry Tomatoes
1 t. Sugar
1 lb. Spaghetti
4 oz. Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese (grated) PLUS additional shaved Parmesan for garnish
2 C. Spinach Leaves
Freshly Ground Pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente.
- Meanwhile, saute the bacon until crisp, drain and set aside .Pour off the bacon fat except for 1 T. of the drippings
- Add the tomatoes and sugar and caramelize until the tomatoes begin to brown (about 5 minutes)
- Turn heat to low and add the cream, butter, and grated cheese and stir to combine
- Drain spaghetti and set aside (reserve 1/4 C. spaghetti water for sauce, if needed)
- Stir in the bacon, the spinach quickly and then add the spaghetti.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese
Congratulations to YMCA Sue. She is the winner of the Saucy Mama sauce contest. Please send me your address and I will get those in the mail!