have heard of the cake affectionately known as Better than Sex , but I had never made it. So on the last day of school this year, I made one for a co-worker’s birthday.
This was so easy to put together and it’s the perfect cake for potlucks. Sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, and hot fudge, all poured over a chocolate cake that has been poked with holes. Frosted with Cool Whip, the whipped topping helps to cut the richness of this cake. And chocolate covered toffee pieced decorate the top.
What could be better???
It’s just sinful!
|Better Than Sex Cake!||
- 1 German chocolate or other chocolate cake, baked, 13x9x2-inch
- 3/4 cup fudge topping
- 3/4 cup caramel or butterscotch topping
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- chocolate covered toffee bits
- 1 tub of whipped topping
- Bake cake according to directions. Cool completely but do not remove the cake from the pan.
- After the cake has cooled, make holes in the entire top of the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour (one at a time) fudge, butterscotch, and condensed milk over the top of the cake and let each flavor soak in before adding the next.
- Frost the cake with the whipped topping.
- Drizzle more caramel sauce on top.
- Sprinkle toffee pieces on top.
This post is linked to the following blog parties: