There’s not much better then a perfectly ripe cherry tomato. OK, maybe there are somethings, but these certainly scream Summer to me. Last year at school, we had some cherry tomatoes that tasted just like candy.
Oh I know, I use to hate when people would reference veggies as a candy too, but these tasted just like they were dipped in sugar. We always got excited last year when they brought in the harvest. I never knew a tomato had the power to make me so giddy. I almost cant wait for school to start just so I can see how the tomatoes are doing!
I said almost!!!
Even though I have two cherry tomato plants growing in my garden, I’m only getting a few of the little guys right now . But tomatoes are just starting to show up around the Farmer’s Market and I couldn’t be happier.
I’ve been wanting to make these bacon stuffed cherry tomatoes and I think the family was pretty glad I did.
So easy, so tasty!
Makes me giddy again!
Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs. bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt for a lower fat version)
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain and cool om paper towels.
- In a medium bow, mix bacon, green onions and mayonnaise.
- Remove stems from tomatoes and place them stem side down on cutting board.
- Cut a thin slice off the tops.
- With a small spoon or melon baller, scoop out pulp and discard.
- Invert tomatoes on paper towels and let stand 30 minutes to drain.
- Fill tomatoes with bacon mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Makes 24 appetizers.Print This Recipe