I was going through my stack of old, unorganized recipes, looking for a specific one that I made years ago. It seems it only shows up when I’m looking for something else, never to be found when I want it. Ahhh, so is life!
It was a quick and delicious chicken recipe that was perfect for busy nights, I’ll have to make that recipe when I do finally find it.
I did come across this recipe I found many years ago, that I had never made.
This recipe uses canned artichokes sauteed with a little garlic and onion as it’s base for a stuffing. Mixed with some bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, it is stuffed into a chicken breast that has been lightly pounded. I brushed a little plain yogurt on the top and sprinkled them with bread crumbs.
*The Kid* came in while I was taking pictures of my dinner, declaring it was delicious!
I have to admit, I’ll be making this chicken again!
Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
- 4 chicken breast; pounded thin
- teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, drained (I used the whole can)
- 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Heat oven 375 degrees
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In medium skillet melt butter, add onion and garlic, cooking till tender.
- Stir in artichoke, heat through. Remove from heat, stir in breadcrumbs, cheese, pepper, and egg white.
- Place chicken fillets between two pieces of waxed paper. Pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread a forth of the stuffing onto each chicken breast. Roll up breast starting with narrow end and secure with toothpicks. Arrange in baking dish.
- Brudh yogurt on top of each chicken breast and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink when cut into.